It’s Chin Y’all! No really you can follow her on instagram as @itschinyall! Here she is singing one of her favorite songs… some Merle Haggard.
Posts Tagged ‘chin’
When I called on my friends on Facebook for an easy chili recipe I could do in the crockpot I got 95 amazing answers! One of them came from my mother-in-law. She sent a SUPER easy recipe where everything is in twos. I tried it and happy to report there wasn’t a bowl left! I also took it upon myself to try to make a Mummified Candy Corn Cake. Below is how it turned out along with the recipe which has a few steps but was easy to follow. Why the cooking and baking? It was part of our Family Fun Day we were planning! It included making our own campfire, smores mix , games and wrapping up with a classic- The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
Easy Chili Everything Is In Twos Recipe:
2 lbs ground beef
2 medium onions (chopped)
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans kidney beans (undrained)
2 tablespoons chili powder
Brown meat and onions. Combine all ingredients. Either cook for 30 min on top of stove or put in crock pot for several hours. I did 4 hours on high.
Mummifed Candy Corn Cake (it’s not actually candy corn flavored)
3 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 large egg whites
2 1/2 teaspoons yellow gel food coloring (such as Betty Crocker)
1/4 teaspoon red gel food coloring
2 16-oz. cans vanilla frosting
1/4 10-oz. bag large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms with parchment; mist again with cooking spray.
2. Make batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and vanilla in a measuring cup. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl.
3. Reduce speed to low and alternate adding flour and milk mixtures to butter (begin and end with flour), until just combined. In a clean medium bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold egg whites into batter in 3 additions.
4. Create layers: Divide batter in 3 medium bowls (2 cups each). Add 1 1/2 tsp. yellow coloring to 1 bowl; stir. Add red coloring and 1 tsp. yellow coloring to second bowl; stir. Leave third bowl white. Spread batter into pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
5. Level tops of cake layers with a serrated knife, if necessary. Dab small amount of frosting in center of cake stand and top with orange layer. Spread 1 cup frosting on top; add yellow layer and align sides. Spread 1 cup frosting over yellow layer, then top with white layer and align. Spread remaining frosting around sides, then over top. Smooth with a knife or spatula.
6. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallows on high for 30 seconds. I found I didn’t need the whole bag.. but it’s up to you! Stir until smooth and just warm to the touch. Pull off a piece about the size of 1 marshmallow and stretch between thumb and forefinger of both hands until thin. Drape strand over and around cake. Repeat until you reach desired “mummy” effect. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
7. Toppers: I used cake pop sticks and pre cut paper bats to make the topper!
Make Your Own Campfire & Smores Mix:
Twist brown paper or paper bags to make the logs (3-4)
Put flashlight in middle and cover with red and orange tissue paper. Then throw Golden Grahams cereal, marshmallows and baby chocolate chips in a baggie and you’ve got your Smores! Don’t forget your Charlie Brown!
My daughter is 2 and half and obsessed with Tea Parties. We have fake ones all the time at our house and even on the mini iPad (Toca Boca Tea Party is the best!). When I discovered the Aylesbury Tea House in Leesburg Virginia I knew I had to make a date with Adora. This place is adorable from the moment you walk in, sit down and make your way through their mini little all-things-British store. They do traditional afternoon tea Thursday through Saturday. The space is so shabby chic. As for pricing.. you are paying more for the experience than the food in my opinion. The menu is very simple.. and the portions are dainty. Yes in writing a post on this place.. I have to use words like dainty. It’s a beautiful place and I really loved the feeling. Above all, Adora was so excited to have a “tea party” with her friend Sophia. The girls ate English biscuits (cookies) and drank tea (orange juice) in their tea cups. It was so cute to watch — oh and the petite cucumber sandwiches are delicious!
Sophia with her stylist mom April
Big congrats to Kirk McEwen and Mike O’Meara the funny co-hosts of the Kirk & Mike Show on 105.9 The Edge. I love being part of this show daily and can honestly say they always help put me in a good mood early in the morning even when I’m fighting it.
PHOTOS: K&M Anniversary Party
The dynamic duo had a little party to celebrate 1 year of being on air together in hometown Herndon at Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern. I brought the whole clan out to celebrate. I think the highlight was the guys got to meet CHIN! Congrats K&M.. here’s to many more years of cracking us up during DC’s most terrible morning drive.
The party gets out shout out on WUSA
Restaurant owner Jimmy presents the CAKE
K&M’s biggest lil fan Adora stopped by early for some dinner
Angie on phone: Good morning mom.
Chin: Hi, I didn’t watch your show this morning.
Angie: Oh, it’s okay mom. You don’t have to watch every show.
Chin: I was playing Angry Bird.
Chin: I was too busy playing Angry Bird. How the H$&#! you get to level 5?
More of my Korean momisms here…
You are the coolest mom by far. I love you and I love how you always make us laugh. Speaking of laughs.. dug this old Mother’s Day video up. The video that started the ASK CHIN craze.
Now serving: A sweet dozen new episodes of DC Cupcakes starring our favorite local sisters, Sophie LaMontagne & Katherine Kallinis! OMG got a sneak peak at the newseason and man is there some delicious drama in store for fans!
Before I go any further how about getting a FREE Georgetown Cupcake. The girls will be giving away one free cupcake per person ALL day long on February 25th to celebrate the premiere – at both Georgetown and Bethesda!
As for what to expect this season: We’re talking 10,000 cupcakes to be shipped to Afghanistan, catering a cupcake birthday party for two gorillas and making a couture wedding dress out of cupcakes for DC Fashion Week.
The season premiere is February 25 at 10PM on TLC. Check out the show’s biggest fans below.
Adora loves GC and she can’t even eat them yet!
My mom Chin is a huge fan. It’s the only American show other than Wheel of Fortune she’ll tune into to.
I’m writing this post from the road in a minivan.. Yes a MINIVAN! I never thought this day would come. It is only temporary… we rented it for our road trip to South Carolina. So far we’re not off to the best start.. We were suppose to leave at 6 am…. um it was 11:34 when we finally pulled out. Just a little 5 hour delay. Adora slept 8 hours last night again so she’s well rested and ready to go. Nana and Papa Goff were sad to see her leave..but we’ll be back.
We call this ‘the MANivan!