Okay don’t let the snow blow your holiday gift giving plans! I am ECSTATIC that I have friend of OMG and trusted lifestyle expert & Washington personal shopper Toni Leinhardt here. Toni has something for EVERYONE on your list and the best part.. it’s all DC local!
It seems like every year I’m in the same predicament- Hanukkah is half-over, Christmas is just days away, and I still haven’t started my shopping! What’s a procrastinator shopaholic personal shopper to do?
As much as I love online shopping, I am not a fan of paying twice the price of the gift itself in shipping because I have managed to yet again wait until the last minute. Here are some fabulous options right in our backyard which are ready for last minute holiday shoppers like us-I guarantee you will find me in each of these shops over the next week.
1. Vie Luxe Candles: The founder of this amazingly chic and sophisticated line is a boarding school buddy of mine (no I will not reveal what year we graduated). Each scent is inspired by the founder’s worldwide travels and favorite escapes- St. Barth’s, Cote d’Azur, Buenos Aires and Istanbul just to name a few…and each candle is made in the USA of 100% earth-friendly materials. Available at Saks Fifth Avenue and saks.com. $65.
2. Chef Geoff’s: This businessman/chef (and Georgetown alum- Go Hoyas!) has 5 local restaurants each boasting a brilliant menu- the most recent opened this summer in Tysons Corner. Everyone has to eat right? Why not eat with the best!? Gift cards available at any value. www.chefgeoff.com
3. Cole Haan Penny Loafer Chew Toy for your favorite 4 legged friend: Pets deserve presents too. $35. Available at Wisconsin Place-Chevy Chase colehaan.com
4. OMG PICK! TOMS Slippers: By now you must know about this brand (thanks in part to a certain cell phone commercial) Each time a pair of shoes is purchased, a pair is donated to a child in need. Feel good while you shop. Amazing. $55. Available at Neiman Marcus.
5. Godiva Chocolate: When all else fails, you can never go wrong with chocolate. A great alternative hostess gift. She’s already going to get 8 other bottles of bubbly, so give her something to enjoy along with it. $2-over $200. Available at Godiva Stores in Tysons Corner and Georgetown
6. Keith Lippert Gallery. Keith has the most elegant gift gallery in town. His finds are from around the globe and prices start at just $100 for these unique finds. Gifts include fashion jewelry, decorative arts, silver, and items for home. www.keithlippertgallery.com Georgetown, DC.
7. Papyrus: Stationery, greeting cards, notes, calling cards, novelty items and cool nick nacks all right at our doorstep with locations all over the city. Note (no pun intended) to self: they run amazing regular promotions!! From $5. Check www.papyrusonline.com for the location nearest you
8. Hu’s Shoes: Fashionistas and significant others: beware. Marlene Hu Aldaba has made our fashion obsessions so much easier to acquire. With everything from Givenchy to Majestic to Alexander McQueen to Chloe, Hu’s Shoes and sister boutique Hu’s Wear’s are a pilgrimage for any fashionista. Designer offerings scream “Buy Me” from every hanger and high heel. The adorable store mascot Ginger will even seal the deal with a lick across the face. M Street in Georgetown. www.hushoes.com
Toni Leinhardt is an indispensable resource and trusted lifestyle expert, and runs a specialized personal shopping business in the DC area. For more please visit www.tonileinhardt.com