Well here’s a solution. The Chris Lelay Scholarship is in memory of Chris Lelay, Savoir Faire Media’s Natalie Lambert’s mother, who was always pushing the boundaries of women in the workplace. She was a very hard worker, managing multiple jobs from the age of 16.
Eligible candidates must a be female, 25 years old or under. Must have a valid business license in the state in which they are looking to begin their business. Must provide a documented business plan, and photos/samples of their product or service.
What you win:
- Logo Design – up to 6 concepts, 2 revisions
- Business Card Design – 2 revisions
- HTML Website – Up to 5 pages
- Domain Name
- Email Account (10 gig of storage)
- First Year Annual Hosting – (2nd year and beyond $60 per year)
- One hour business strategy and development
- 25% Discount on any additional services purchased (within 30 days of Scholarship)
Recent winner, www.lavenderbakes.com, actually got called by Cupcake Wars after the press release went out and is a final contender. It could be great exposure and most importantly, help a young, savvy entreprenuer get started.